Japanese | English
Publication Moratorium Period
- Members of the science party that collect the samples have two years moratorium period during which they can use the samples exclusively.
- You can request use of those samples under moratorium period only when you got prior permission from the chief scientist of the cruises and the sample repository contact person of the samples. If you do not have the contact address of the chief scientist and the sample repository contact person please feel free to contact us.
- Current rules of JAMSTEC do not allow sending biological samples to foreign countries.
- Foreigners staying in Japan can request the use of the biological samples.
How to request
- Please fill the two documents below and send them to us, the Data Management Office.
- After receiving the request, Data Management Office will judge the possibility of use of the samples based on "the purpose of use" of the request.
- JAMSTEC's biological samples are kept by sample repository contact person in various institutions. We will not able to provide some samples being used by the sample repository contact person and other members of the science party.
- Contents of your sample-request application will be informed to the science party members.
- JAMSTEC will request fee for the request of commercial use.