Any Researchers, Educators, etc. can request JAMSTEC's biological samples. Note that only the samples their "Publication Moratorium Period" have passed are available.
Publication Moratorium Period
- Members of the science party can use the samples exclusively during the moratorium period. The moratorium period is two years for JAMSTEC cruise and five years for JURCAOS-JAMSTEC cruises.
- You can request use of those samples under moratorium period only when you got prior permission from the chief scientist of the cruises and the sample repository contact person of the samples. If you do not have the contact address of the chief scientist and the sample repository contact person please feel free to contact us.
- The use of JAMSTEC biological samples that accompany overseas shipments must be related to projects that JAMSTEC staff members take the initiative in. Please contact your counterpart in JAMSTEC.
How to Request
- Please fill the two documents below and send them to the following contact address.
- Sample Request Application Form Download
- Agreement for Transfer of the Biological Samples Download(Japanese)
Research Data Publish Technology Group,
Yokohama Institute for Earth Science
Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology
3173-25, Showa-machi, Kanazawa-ku, Yokohama-city,
Kanagawa, 236-0001, Japan